- Wash meat and dry.
- Put meat in a covered pot on medium heat with 8 crushed cardamom, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf and one onion. When water dries, add water. Boil till meat soft.
- Halfway through boiling, add salt.
- Chop 3-4 onions, and fry with 4 heads of garlic (separated but not peeled). Add 4 heaped tsps qidra spices, I tsp of turmeric, 1 ½ tsp cumin. Add washed rice and salt. (Optional: can fry rice in ghee/olive oil/ butter till translucent).
- In a ceramic pot (if possible), put a layer of rice at bottom, meat, rest of rice, and sieved meat water. (around 1 ¼ meat water for every I cup of rice).
- Cover tightly and bake in oven, starting at 400C, then gradually reducing heat to 250C.
- Before serving, sprinkle with fried pine seeds and almonds.
- Serve with yoghurt salad.
Qidra spices: ½ tbls nutmeg, ½ tbls red pepper, 1 tbls cinnamon, 2 tbls cardamom, 2 tbls cloves, 2 tbls dried lemon, ½ cup allspice, ½ cup black pepper, ½ cup garlic powder, 1 cup turmeric.