- Boil anise in 1 cup water and leave to cool.
- Soak nuts in water.
- Mix dry ingredients and smooth into one cup cold water. When mixed well, add rest of water.
- Put on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Add strained anise water.
- When mixture starts to boil, lower heat and stir occasionally till it thickens.
- Pour into small bowls. (Can be served warm or cold)
- Garnish with coconut powder and nuts.
Note: This sweet is usually done when there is a newborn in the family. It is also gluten-free!