- If using dry chick peas, soak overnight. Then boil in ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda till soft (around 2 hours).
- Cut pita bread into small squares and fry in oil.
- Mix the tahini, lemon juice and minced garlic to one cup yoghurt. Then add rest of yoghurt and salt to taste.
- Sieve the chick peas, reserving liquid.
- In a pyrex, arrange the fried bread. Sprinkle with salt. Add some of the reserved chick peas liquid. Spread out the chick peas, leaving some for the topping. Add the yoghurt mixture. (Optional: make holes in the dish, and spoon heated oil in 4-6 places)
- Decorate with chick peas, almonds and chopped parsley.